To be correct we should call it “Ingaesi Tower”, because the Ingaesi family from Lombardia built the tower. The tower already mentioned in documents dating back to the early 1500, as part of a complex of buildings owned by “Joseppe de Bertucyo de Ingaesi” in the area called Saint Vito, located at the border of houses belonging to the Magnificent Gilberto La Grua, the Convent of the Dominicans, close to the Hospital, to the old slaughter-house and to the tannery. Above the survived medieval linter windows we can read two Latin writings: “O amice, amicus nemo” and “qui sperat in domino sublimatur”.