Palazzo Galati anni 50-1It’s the only noble palace that we have in the historical centre and, even if it is partially in ruins, it still maintains its great splendour. It was built close to the church of the Agonizzanti, and we always have thought it is older than the church, but recently researches have proved that its construction was made later, in the early 1700, absorbing a number of pre-existing buildings belonging to Saint Domenico Monastery. Built by the Marchisi family, that gave a dean to the town, the palace later became property of the De Spuches family princes of Galati, name through which we know it today.Palazzo Galati