On a specific request of the Carini’s baron Vincenzo II La Grua Talamanca and of Brother Matteo Iannello vicar of the Carini’s Curia, the Mazara Bishop sent the request to the Pope Paolo IV to initiate a Blessed Sacrament Company in the town. The Breve that was authorizing the appointment, dates back to July 1st 1557 and they had a large participation on behalf of wealthiest people of Carini. The Company had its primary aim in the spread of the cult of the Holy Communion in opposition to Luther’s heresy. It’s exactly to this early period that the Madonna del Monserrato slate, located in the vestibule, dates back, work of Giovan Battista Arena and the big canvas The last Supper in the main altar work of Pietro D’Asaro known as the “Racalmuto’monocole”, both of them dating back to the early 1600. The considerable annuities and the many testamentary legacies soon transformed the Company in one of the richest brotherhood and this is why at the end of the 1600 they decided to decorate and enrich the bare room of the Oratory. Following the example of the oratorios in Palermo, it was completely decorated with stucco and the work was probably given to Giacomo Serpotta and to his school, as a proof we have the typical style of the artist and the small snake that he used to represent, as his own signature (you can see it above the allegories of the window on the right hand side of the chorus). Entering through the carved wooden gates, work of unknown author XVII, we enter in the vestibule, where the brothers, undressing themselves wished to symbolize the Purification of their sins, here is the Madonna del Monserrato slate. Two more small gates lead us into the Oratory, where we are shocked by the white stuccos and the frescoes probably work of Filippo Tancredi from Messina. On the label, above the walnut bench where the brothers used to sit, are 8 sitting statues. Three represent the THEOLOGICAL VIRTUES: Faith, Hope and Charity; four represent the CARDINAL VIRTUES: Prudence, Justice, Fortitude and Temperance and one more that represents the Church the only depositary and guardian of the Eucharistic dogma. As soon as we enter in the vestibule, moving anti-clock wise from the right we can see: the Church, Temperance Justice, Hope, Faith, Charity, Fortitude and Prudence. Below every window, above the labels, we have six scenes representing the most important Eucharistic miracles. Always starting from the right hand side we have: Melchisedech offers to Jhaveh, The holy Viaticum, the miracle of the mule and Saint Anthony from Padova, The miracle of Bolsena, The miracle of Torino, Saint Pasquale Baylon with his flock. The white stuccos of the vault are made precious by the frescoes where characters related to Eucharist are represented. Frame to the main fresco “Eucharistic triumph and brother’s soul triumph” are the four gospel writers; the four kings of the old testament: David Salomon Asa and Josaphat; four of the twelve sybils (pagan equivalent of the twelve prophets in the old testament): Cumea, Frigia, Libica and Delfica. In the two circles we see Moses and Melchisedech. in the presbytery, in addition the canvas representing the last supper, we have two big paintings with “Eliah that receives the bread from an angel” and “The multiplication of bread and fish”, while the small vault is enriched by the frescoes that represent the first three patriarchs : Abraham, Isaac and Jacob .