On May 6th 1565 he Provincial Chapter of the Carmelites Fathers in Sicily, meeting in Caltanissetta, decided to build a home for the order in Carini and on September 8th of the same year, appointed a certain Father Giuliano Prior of the new foundation. Antonino Bosco from Trapani, brother of Saint Albert convent, was the one who started the works for the construction of the Carmelites convent in Carini, close to the church of SS. Mary of Mount Carmelo already existing. Brother to the powerful Vincenzo del Bosco, many times praetor in Palermo and close to the La Grua Talamanca family, he succeed to create in 1566 a colony of friars in Carini’s barony with the help of his cousin generosity Vincenzo II La Grua Talamanca, Lord of Carini and renouncing to the priorate in Trapani, he stayed in Carini living in the convent as a Prior: “… fundator egregious huius aedificium… munificentia adiutus baronis domini Vincentii La Grua consobrini sui… cun fratribus eiusdem cenobi convivere decrevit…”,as still today we can read at the bottom of the friar Antonio which is kept in the sacristy of the convent. According to an old Carini tradition, which is even referred in the lines of the poem on the Amaru caso della Barunissa di Carini, it seems it was just him the one who reported to Don Cesare Lanza the love affair of the baroness, her daughter with Ludovico Vernagallo. The generosity of La Grua Talamanca and other prominent persons from Carini brought to the construction of the convent, transforming it through annuities and legacies in one of the biggest and richest convents in Carini. In a notarial deed, made by the notary Vincenzo Lo Vecchio from Carini on 24th May XV announcement 1572, the Baron Vincenzo II La Grua Talamanca Tocco Requirez gave to “Novissimi fundati Conventus ordinis carmelitanorum sub tituli Virginis Carmeli” some houses located in the area where now we have the church, a garden where they built the dormitory rooms, and many other legacies. The most splendid period for the Convent was when at the end of 1600, a person from Carini Matteo Orlando, Bishop in Cefalù and many times General Superior of the Carmelites, as a sign of gratitude and respect to his origins, decided to enrich it more: The convent is enlarged through the construction of the Cloister, at the centre of which they put an elegant fountain in baroque style and the bishop insignia, they also enlarge the church that acquires important paintings, brocade and gold and silver filigree sacred vestments, relics of many saints, precious silver objects and a splendid organ with a wooden case behind the altar is made. In 1860 the Convent becomes the seat of the revolutionary Committee that are preparing the revolution against the Bourbons; in the cells of Friar Domingo from Trapani and Friar Pastorelli from Terrasini the Carini conspirators could meet in a safe place: Antonino Curreri, the Di Benedetto brothers, Pietro Tondù and Rosolino Pilo instigated the people and recruited those to take part to the revolt taking place on 4th April in Palermo in the Gancia church. After these glorious events, the Convent had to follow the destiny of many other Sicilian clerical goods, it was suppressed and became the seat of the Local Magistrate’s Court and the Carabinieri barracks. The cloister has a rectangular shape, with 6 round arches and in front an elegant baroque fountain has been put at the centre in order to put in evidence its beauty. Still visible in the structure are; the Capitulary room and the dining hall, the kitchen, the gorgeous entrance staircase and a gallery with 3 arcades in front of the entrance. In the back is the garden of the convent, with a beautiful wrought-iron balcony on the road; and also to be noticed is the bell tower, originally with the shape of a pyramid and later remade in baroque style, among the nice bells we can distinguish for its harmonious sound the biggest, known as “a brocca ò Carminu”.