The monumental complex was built behind the Saint Vito Tribune between 1566 and 1570, close to the river that flowing down from the mountains was feeding the tannery and the mills. The founder of the convent was friar Mariano Lo Vecchio brother to the notary from Carini Vincenzo. The importance of the convent grew thanks to the generosity and legacies of Gilberto La Grua, brother to the Baron Vincenzo. In fact in the noble chapels in the Rosary church Joannella La Grua and Gilberto himself are buried, exactly “intus cappellam vocata pedigrutta”.The church is an aisleless church with deep chapels, rich with art works. Recent restoration works have brought back to light frescoes that once were completely covering the walls. In the first chapel to the left we can see the statues of “Cristo morto” and of “Our Lady of Sorrows” that are brought in procession on Good Friday by the 33 brotherhood followed by those of the Holy Spirit. The two statues are a work of the sculptor Vincenzo Piscitello dating back to 1888. In the central altar we can see a magnificent painting representing The Virgin Mary of the Rosary probably a work of the Vincenzo da Pavia school. In the presbytery, on the left hand side looking at the altar, we have a marble bas-relief representing “Madonna delle Grazie” work of Giacomo Gagini ordered by Gilberto La Grua; above it a canvas representing San Domenico in Soriano 1645.Other precious paintings represent “San Tommaso from Aquino”, “Saint Vincenzo Ferrer” and “Saint Rose from Lima”, ascribed to the Mannos , Vito D’Anna’s apprentices.