Carini’s Mother church, is dedicated to our Lady of Assumption, we don’t have a precise building date. Some authors think it was built in the middle 1400, some others at the end of it, the only certain thing is that in 1523, the year when registrations in the parish register are started, the Madrice, this how the people used to call it, was already existing. Remarkable its size for a small town like Carini in 1500, the Mother church has the shape of a Latin cross with nave and two aisles. It was built in the place that was once the Cardoon Flat Area, on the slopes of Mount Cerasea. The main façade faces east and overlooks the most important square in town. In the church are works that show not only Sicilian art history, besides to works of the two cripple from Ganci (Salerno and Bazzano), D’Anna, Testa, Tancredi, Serpotta, Gagini, Bagnasco and Manno, we also have the Florentine Alessandro Allori. The central bronze main gate, where the four gospel writers and the Crucifix are represented, is a work of the sculptor Governali and was made for the celebration of the first 500th anniversary of its foundation. Entering in the church we can see the wonderful frescoes in the ceiling where stories taken from the old testament are represented on the main aisle, while in the side naves are stories taken from the new testament, and made by Onofrio Tomaselli (1920). In the first chapel on the right hand side, above the baptism font, a canvas made by an unknown painter represents “The Baptism of Jesus Christ”, further on “Madonna della Mercede” above the statue of “Saint Sebastian”. Above the entrance from the “Tocco” (portico) the canvas of Our Lady of Assumption with Saint Ignazio, in front of an old baptism font used as holy-water font dating back to 1494. Forward on we can see “La “Madonna libera infermi” made by the artist from Messina G. Tancredi once in the homonymous church. In the chapel dedicated to Saint Lucy, in addition to the statue of the Saint dating back to the late 1500 we can find the statue of Saint Vito dating back to the early 1500 and work of Paolo Gili. The Crucifix chapel is perhaps the place where we have most important art works within the church: in addition to the wooden image made in 1500 with the gorgeous agate reliquary we have a slate “Crucifixion” made by the Ganci’s Cripple; two big canvas by Vito D’Anna: “Our Lady of Sorrows” and the “Deposition from the Cross”, the two big stucco angels that protect the Crucifix are a work of Procopio Serpotta. The main altar, known to the people of Carini as Cappellone, is overlooked by a big canvas the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, by Antonio Manno; on the sides are “Presentation of Maria to the temple”, the “Visitation of Maria to Saint Elisabeth”, the “Wedding of the Virgin Mary” by the Manno brothers, and the “Madonna with two monks” by Angeleri. The chapel located soon after is the one of the Immaculate, with the statue of the Madonna work of Bagnasco and the tomb of Monsignor Vecchi made at the end of 1500; in the border line with the other chapel is the Sacred Heart where is a marble tabernacle of the Gagini school. In the armour-plated chapel we can see “The Worship of the shepherds” by Alessandro Allori made in 1575 and the sedan-chair made at the end of 1600 used by the Recordanti Fathers to give the Extreme Unction to dying persons. In the other chapel we have a wooden statue representing Saint Andrew made in the XVI century by an unknown author, a statue of Saint Peter work of Bagnasco and on its right hand side a canvas representing the “Madonna della Neve” work of The Gangi’s cripple, Gaspare Bazzano, while in the chapel of the Ecce Homo on the left hand side is a canvas where is represented Pope Costantino in between the Saints Peter and Paul (this is also by Gaspare Bazzano) while on the top is a canvas La Pietà by Cerami. In the vestibule of the sacristy a canvas where Saint Rosalia is represented and presents us another big painting where Saint Castrenze is represented, where it is possible to see a view of Carini in the 1700, and portraits of Carini’s Deans since the 1700.