The church of Maria Santissima degli Agonizzanti was originally built as the private chapel of the Palace belonging to the Marchisi Family. In the brotherhood rule that had its meeting place there, it is known as the burying place for the brothers. The façade completely restored at the beginning of the 1900, hides inside a triumph of late baroque decorations. Similar in the structure to the Blessed Sacrament Oratory, for its aisleless structure and a vestibule, at the beginning of the 1700 was enriched with stuccos, for sure work of the same artists that a few years before had worked in the previously named Oratory, and it was enriched by the frescoes by Filippo Tancredi and Filippo Randazzo. The main theme is the Virgin Mary’s life, the big frescoes, with stucco frames, represent (clockwise moving): the Nativity of the virgin Mary, the Presentation of Mary to the temple, The Visitation, The Presentation of Jesus to the temple, Appearance of the Virgin to the Apostles, The Assumption; In the centre of the two side walls we have two small scenes where are represented the death of the Virgin and the death of Saint Joseph. In the big central fresco of the vault we have the Triumph of the Virgin surrounded by other stories of her life: The Worship of the three kings, The Pentecost, The Ascension of our Lord, The Nativity; by the four gospel writers and by stucco busts of four virgin saints: Oliva, Lucia, Ninfa, Agata. At the beginning of the transept is the fresco The Annunciation that introduces us into the octagonal tambour of the dome, where we have four frescoes. In the main altar the big canvas representing the Virgin of the Agonizzanti, probably work of Rosalia Novelli, with the cooperation of her father Pietro Novelli, the two side canvas Saint Joseph dreaming and The Holy Family attract the attention of visitors.Through an opening at the centre of the vestibule we can enter in the brotherhood crypt where we can still see the strainers used to dry up the bodies belonging to the Congregation.